Are you using videos to connect with your audience? Do you have an active YouTube, Vimeo or Viddy account with polished videos addressed to your clients? If not, you should heavily consider implementing this as a part of your social media strategy.
According to Ooyala, online video traffic increased 93% between 2010 and 2011. Did you hear that!? NINETY-THREE PERCENT. This means that chances are, a growing segment of your audience is already engaging and potentially watching your competitors videos. Here are ways you can start using videos to connect with your audience and grow your brand.
- Post updates on events or big announcements. Just as you would on Twitter or Facebook, announce something noteworthy, but just do it using videos. Many people don’t take the time to read on social networks, but they will look at something visual.
- Share how-tos and tips on using your products. Often times people engage on social media with brands so that they can learn tips and tricks. Teaching your customers how to use your products or get the most out of your service lends to increasing brand loyalty. When they have an issue, they are more likely to return to your site to find a solution.
- Highlight your customer’s experience. Instead of you always speaking about your brand, let someone else do the cheerleading. Post short interviews and quick clips of users speaking highly of your brand. It lends to more credibility when someone other than yourself is bragging on your brand.
- Go behind the scenes. People always feel more attached to something if they feel they have a deeper relationship with it. Draw people in by showing them your process, introducing them to your staff or even posting a silly video of your workers goofing off. It gives your brand more personality.
- Make sure your videos are accessible everywhere. Many of the online streamers are using their mobile devices to connect, so make sure your videos are optimized for smartphone viewing.
Check out this infographic to see the strength of the online video market. How are you already using videos to communicate with your audience? What tips do you have to share with others? Leave your comments and feedback below and look for upcoming video posts from BrightGirl Media.
Become a Savvy Marketer!
Algorithms are changin'.
Join our mailing list to receive the latest digital marketing updates and tips on how to get a return on your marketing investment.